Friday, November 28, 2014

10 thoughts after the Bears' loss to Lions - Chicago Tribune

10 thoughts after the Bears' loss to Lions - Chicago Tribune

10. Speaking of records, Lions center Dominic Raiola became the first player in Detroit franchise history to start 200 career games. Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Justin Smith and Tom Brady are the only active players with more career starts -- pretty good company for Raiola, who grew up with former Bears center Olin Kreutz.

“It was a lot more special doing it with this group as tight as we are, as close as we are,” Raiola said. “That’s what makes it special. I can share it with this whole group and I can really share it with Detroit. I grew up myself with this city and we’ve been through a lot in 14 years. We’ve been bankrupt, we’ve been 0-16. You keep kicking us down and we keep getting up. There is something to be said for that. I share it with them as much as they share it with me.”


Well said.

No comments: